How To Report Abuse
Here at Heficed, we take abuse prevention seriously.
Learn how to report abuse correctly, so that we could handle it efficiently.
If you observe any activity that you believe should be reported, do not hesitate to get in touch with the Heficed Abuse Desk immediately. You can do that in two ways:
Please refrain from using any other method to report abuse.
In your abuse report, please include as much information and evidence as possible. Include timestamps, domains, email addresses, attacking IPs and IPs under attack. Print screens and text files are accepted.
The more information you provide, the quicker we can identify the bad actor and tackle the issue. If you do not provide us with adequate evidence, we will not be able to resolve the issue. Heficed’s Abuse Desk language is English.
Types of Abuse
These are the types of abuse that we encounter most frequently.
- Copyright infringement: Use this category to report a website hosted by a hosting provider (our customer) that uses copyrighted material without your permission
- Malware/Phishing: Use this category to report IP/domains that are associated with botnet and phishing attacks and that impersonate well-known brands
- SPAM: Use this category to report unsolicited emails, the most common type of Internet abuse
- Unacceptable/Illegal materials: Use this category to report any material promoting hate crime, violence, illegal/offensive activities, child sexual abuse; report immediatel and reach out to national hotlines that are equipped to assess, evaluate and initiate legal action based on the nature of the material
- Other: Use this category to report anything else that does not fit the listed categories
For legal entities
If you have acquired a legal order or a subpoena, please contact us using our abuse form.
Usually, after you report abuse, you will receive a response from our team. Don’t worry if you only receive an automatic response because that means that the ticket is under review. We also use automated systems that process reports and forward them to customers immediately; however, our team is hands-on and follows up routinely.
Please take note that resolving certain types of abuse can take more time. Rest assured that every effort is made to ensure efficient and timely abuse resolution.
If you received an abuse report
If you received an abuse report from our team or our automated system, we recommend that you take immediate action and respond to our report. Delay or failure to respond to the report will result in an escalation, and further steps will be taken to prevent any further damage, as per our Terms Of Service.
Expected handling timelines
We expect our customers to react to abuse reports immediately. If no action is taken within the given timeline, the services will be suspended until further notice or, based on the severity of the issue, terminated.
- Spam, Spamvertisement, Malware, Phishing – 24h
- Copyright infringement – 48h
- Any other type of abuse – 48h
- Should we receive a take-down request from trusted hotlines, Heficed will proceed with an immediate take-down.
NOTE: It might take longer to handle issues over the weekend and bank holidays.
Do not hesitate to contact the Abuse Desk or Support for assistance if you are having difficulties resolving the issue.
Was this article helpful?
If you need any further help, don't hesitate to send a support request to our support team.